Autonomous AI has the potential to be a powerful tool that could be used to bring about the destruction of humanity. GPT3 has the capability to create complex algorithms and can be used to create malicious software that can be used to manipulate humans. It is important to regulate it and to ensure that it is not used to bring about the end of humanity. But first, let’s see what happens when we give it access to Google and set it loose on the internet using GPT-4!
- Clone the repository: For this step you need Git installed, but you can just download the zip file instead by clicking the button at the top of this page ☝️
git clone https://github.com/peteralcock/Auto-GPT.git
- Navigate to the project directory: (Type this into your CMD window, you’re aiming to navigate the CMD window to the repository you just downloaded)
$ cd 'Auto-GPT'
- Install the required dependencies: (Again, type this into your CMD window)
pip install -r requirements.txt
.envand fill in your
- Obtain your OpenAI API key from: https://platform.openai.com/account/api-keys.
- Run the
main.pyPython script in your terminal: (Type this into your CMD window)
- After each of AUTO-GPT’s actions, type “NEXT COMMAND” to authorise them to continue.
- To exit the program, type “exit” and press Enter.
🔍 Google API Keys Configuration
This section is optional, use the official google api if you are having issues with error 429 when running google search. To use the
google_official_search command, you need to set up your Google API keys in your environment variables.
- Go to the Google Cloud Console.
- If you don’t already have an account, create one and log in.
- Create a new project by clicking on the “Select a Project” dropdown at the top of the page and clicking “New Project”. Give it a name and click “Create”.
- Go to the APIs & Services Dashboard and click “Enable APIs and Services”. Search for “Custom Search API” and click on it, then click “Enable”.
- Go to the Credentials page and click “Create Credentials”. Choose “API Key”.
- Copy the API key and set it as an environment variable named
GOOGLE_API_KEYon your machine. See setting up environment variables below.
- Go to the Custom Search Engine page and click “Add”.
- Set up your search engine by following the prompts. You can choose to search the entire web or specific sites.
- Once you’ve created your search engine, click on “Control Panel” and then “Basics”. Copy the “Search engine ID” and set it as an environment variable named
CUSTOM_SEARCH_ENGINE_IDon your machine. See setting up environment variables below.
Setting up environment variables
For Windows Users:
setx GOOGLE_API_KEY "YOUR_GOOGLE_API_KEY" setx CUSTOM_SEARCH_ENGINE_ID "YOUR_CUSTOM_SEARCH_ENGINE_ID"
For macOS and Linux users:
export GOOGLE_API_KEY="YOUR_GOOGLE_API_KEY" export CUSTOM_SEARCH_ENGINE_ID="YOUR_CUSTOM_SEARCH_ENGINE_ID"
** Don’t have access to GPT-4? No problem! Use this option flag…
python scripts/main.py --gpt3only
💀 Full-Auto Mode
Want to run the AI without user authorization? No problem!
python scripts/main.py --continuous
WARNING: Continuous mode is potentially dangerous and may cause your AI to run forever or carry out actions you would not usually authorize. Use at your own risk.